Monday, March 5, 2012

TOMIC Challenge #39

Good evening!

It has been a busy start to the year for Tim and I, so I will apologise now for the lack of posts.

Despite the hussle bussle, I have still been in my craft room, creating up many a storm (and judging by the mess in there at the moment, it may well have been a cyclone! haha).

Now down to business, my entry for the TOMIC challenge.  It's Tilda's birthday and so for Challenge #39, we had to make a birthday card, in true Birthday Princess style, using the sketch supplied by Tina. 



You can see the full details and all the other entries here. 

Here is my interpretation and entry for the challenge.

I just love this Tilda stamp, a sweet little angel.  Even though this is stamp is from the Merry Little Christmas Collection, she is still versatile.  With Tilda's Birthday in mind, I wanted a sweet and pink theme.  For a new challenge in this card, I used my new Nesting dies to cut the scalloped shape and oval around Tilda.  I felt that the next size up was WAY too big, so to allow enough room for Tilda, I cut around her foot and let it "hang" outside the oval.  I must say, I am really impressed with myself!
Materials used:
Stamp - "Sitting Angel Tilda" Merry Little Christmas Collection, "Happy Birthday"
Ink/Colour - Memento ink, Coloured with Copics
Cardstock - Kaisercraft and Bazzil
Paper - DCWV, Kaisercraft
Embellishments - Paper doily, ribbon and paper flowers, lace, ribbon, flat back pearls, butterfly charm
I picked up this butterfly charm yesterday and thought it would be PERFECT on this card, adds to the "sweet" theme.


I hope you have enjoyed my card and until next time...

Happy crafting!

Carmel

2 comments:

  1. beautiful Card !! I love it !! Thank you for joining Tomic this week.
    hugs
    Tina46

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love the stamp and colors.

    Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week.
    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete