Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday night CROP and all things scrapbooking

Hello again

I went to the Midnight CROP last night at Discover Scrapbooking and I will admit right now, I got NOTHING done!!! I managed to start a card for a newly engaged colleague, but that was all... I didnt even finish that! I DID, however, have an absolute ball last night. I laughed so much I actually have sore abs this morning! Thanks Mum, Laura, Kathy, Sarah and Robyn for making those last couple of hours so enjoyable!! hehe

So I thought I should post a few more pics of my pages/cards so here goes...

Materials used: Cardstock - Bazzill, DCWV; Embellishments - A2Z Scraplets, Kaiser paint, Kaiser stamps, VersaColor ink pad, needle and thread, journalling pen, double sided tape.

I just loved this picture of Tim at David and Faye Spence's wedding. He always looks so spunky in a suit.... hehe. I used an hand-drawn heart and stiched it to my page. I didnt feel that the photo needed to be matted, but decided to journal around the heart and picture, which I did after I adhered the photo to the page. I cut "Tim" out using my Cricut. I found the "Adore" A2Z Scraplet at Robyn's shop and thought it fitted perfectly! I painted it with Red Kaiser Paint. I finished it off by inking all the way around my page.

Materials used: Paper - Urban Lilly, Cardstock; Embellishments - Kaiser rhinestones, Kaiser stamps and VersaColor ink, KindyGlitz, double sided tape.

I found this picture of my beautiful sister and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I found this lovely paper by Urban Lilly and, after matting my photo in white cardstock, I adhered my photo in the middle. Using my Fiskar Shape Cutter, I cut out "Laura" on white cardstock and after adhereing them to my page, I KindyGlitzed them. I placed kaiser rhinestones on all the buds of the flowers on the paper and using the Kaiser stamp and silver VersaColor ink pad, stamped little birds and butterflies. I was really happy with how this worked out. Simple but elegant.

Materials used: Card blank; paper; Embellishments - flowers, Cre8tive butterflies, Cre8tive stamp, VersaColor ink pad, Zing embossing powder, creative imaginations adhesive lace trim.

I made this card for Kathy for her birthday. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the paper and used edging scissors to give the jagged effect on the paper and Happy Birthday tag. I used a journalling pen to make a "bee line" for the butterflies and finished it off with the lace trim at the top.

Well I think that is enough for now, and plus I am meant to be going to the Gym, although I feel like I had a huge ab work out last night! haha

Until next time, HAPPY CRAFTING!

Carmel

No comments:

Post a Comment