Monday, March 25, 2013

Gone Fishing

Hello again

Today I am sharing with you my page I have created for 2 blog challenges:

  • A2Z Scraplets - March challenge, "Summer" theme (please click here to see all the details and other fabulous entries)
  • Once Upon A ...Sketch - March Challenge, use the sketch and theme "Its the Weekend"(please click here to see all the details and other fabulous entries).
The sketch I used from the Once Upon A ...Sketch blog is this...
 
And this is what I came up with ... and I apologise it is on its side, I have tried a dozen times to fix it, but it keeps loading sideways!
 
 

 
I love this picture of Tim.  He has that goofy/cheeky smile that makes my heart melt and he looks like such a dag in my floppy floral hat!
 

I went to a retreat recently and used texture past for the first time on a page.  So I thought I would give it a go with my page this time and I am fairly happy with how it turned out.  I used my paint brush and blotted it across the top and down the middle of my page at a sort of diagonal.  I think the key is to not over think it and go with the flow.  I am in no way an expert on this, but I was happy with my first attempt!The picture doesn't do it much justice, but the ink and glimmer mists look different with the texture paste.

I have also discovered muslin/gauze lately and have used it on this page to give it more of a beach/rough look.

Materials used:
Paper/cardstock - Cre8tiv cardstock; Webster's Pages, Kaiser Craft and an unknown source paper
Flowers - Manor House; Green Tara; Prima Marketing Co.
Embellishments - Kaiser Craft bling; A2Z Scraplet title; gauze; string; journal strips (unknown source); Kaiser craft stamp, versa colour ink; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist; Jo Sonja's Texture Paste; notebook page

I wanted to keep with the yellow of the sand and Tim's Shirt for the cardstock and use the blues of the ocean, sky and that daggy hat in my papers and reflect that into my flowers.  I know, its a boy page about fishing and I still use flowers... I can't help it!

The little journal strips that I found, they were right in the bottom of the drawer, obviously fallen off a die cut page that had been floating around in there for awhile.  They set up my Summer theme and of course, us Queenslanders love to get to the beach and relax on a nice hot Summer's day, so it was a perfect weekend! 
I wanted to keep my thoughts about the day for just me and have written about them on a notebook page that I ripped out of the book and tucked it under my photo.

I hope you like my page and feel inspired to give yourself a challenge.  Head on over to the blogs via the links above and give it a try!

Until next time, happy crafting!

Carmel xxoo



4 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhh great layout!!!! Great stenciling and I just love flowers on ANY layout. Thanks for entering the A2Z Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful project with a nice color combo and great details!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to join us at OUAS this month Carmel! I have yet to try texture paste, but I'm keen to give it a go - yours look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous layout Carmel- thanks for participating in the March challenge at a2zscraplets.

    ReplyDelete