Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rejoining the fold

Hi everyone!

Its been a busy few months and I have only just realised that it has been 6 months since I last posted on my blog!  So, as my title suggests, I am rejoining the Blog fold this week!  YAY!

I have been checking in on all the lovely blogs I follow regularly, but have had little or no scrapbooking mojo for a few months.  With this in mind, and the fact I am attending a retreat next month, what better way to kick start again, than with a challenge?!

I created this page for the A2Z Scraplets February Sketch Challenge.  To find out all the details, or even have a go yourself, check out their blog here.



I am actually really happy with how this turned out.  The sketch was so easy to work with and interpret into my page.

I didn't really have a plan, I just started pulling out papers and ribbons and flowers and eventually came up with this.  I must mention that my scrapbooking room does now look like a huge gust of wind came through and knocked all my papers out and all over the place! HAHA!

I don't usually scrapbook like this.  I am the kind of person who makes lists and likes processes, so I usually have a plan in place for my page before I start cutting and distressing and sticking and inking. 


Products used:
Papers - Bella, Websters Pages, My Minds Eye, Cardstock
Embelishments - A2Z Scraplets Phrase;  Dusty Attic Shell chipboard; Kaisercraft flowers, ribbons and pearls; Green Taraflowers, leaves and cobweb fabric; Versa colour ink; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Zing embossing powder; shells.



I like distressing and inking my papers, I think it helps to bring them all in and work together.  I used my versamark and embossing powders in the title, but over heated it just a little to make it a bit "crazed" or "clumpy" in places, to add to the beach/rustic feel, but still keeping it "pretty".  On the shell chipboard I inked it with White Versa Colour and then, using a paint brush, swiped on a little blue ink.


I hope you like my page and now I have my creative mojo kickstarting, I hope to have more for you soon :-)

Until then, happy crafting!

Carmel xxoo

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful layout- love the colours, embellishments and title! Thanks for entering the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a fab take on the sketch. Love the soft colours and distressing look. Thanks for entering the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete